Security Opening - Five Keys to Mainframe Security Processes in a Hybrid IT Environment
Project and Program: Enterprise Data Center
, Security and Compliance
, SHARE Fort Worth 2020
Your mainframe to cloud integration strategy is critical in fundamentally changing how your business initiatives are enabled. Re-architecting security and compliance is a critical component of this strategy. It isn't just about user authentication and authorization anymore. Understanding the core components of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework is essential to establishing the processes and procedures to effectively mitigate risk across the enterprise. We will discuss the state of mainframe security today, the opportunity and duty of IT teams to entirely rethink how IT supports business priorities, and how IT and security teams can re-engineer security and compliance processes in a hybrid IT world.
Key takeaways include :
• Why having a Mainframe Security Architect is essential, and what their role entails
• Why Excessive Access checking is important
• What Indicators of Compromise are, and how to enable detection and incident response
• Understanding why Vulnerability Management starts with the code
• The differences between Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Scanning and why you should do both-Christopher Perry-BMC Software; Ray S. Overby-Key Resources, Inc.
Back to Proceedings File Library