View the SHARE Association Bylaws and SHARE Policies.
SHARE delegates and attendees must adhere to the SHARE Canons of Conduct listed below.
SHARE Canons of Conduct
SHARE delegates and attendees must:
- Must properly register and display appropriate credentials.
- Must abide by the Bylaws and Policies of SHARE.
- Must not engage in information technology sales, including direct or indirect solicitation, or conduct any other activity contrary to the purposes of SHARE. The term "sales" is defined as the proposal, negotiation, or acceptance of terms and/or conditions associated with the use, rental, lease, purchase, or return of information technology strategies, architectures, products, or services.
- Must not distribute brochures, flyers, promotional materials, etc., or post displays of any kind without approval of the Secretary or designee(s). See related policy entitled TRADE SHOW (COF-5).
- Must not engage in any form of personnel recruiting at SHARE activities, except as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Must not use the SHARE name other than in the conduct of SHARE business as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Must not use any SHARE membership list or any part thereof except in the conduct of SHARE business as determined by the Bylaws and/or the Board of Directors.
- Must restrict the use of SHARE technical information or materials (work products, works in progress, and databases), in any media or form, to the purposes defined by the Bylaws and/or the Board of Directors. Examples include, but are not limited to, white papers, requirements, conference files, meeting agendas, plans, session recordings, SHARE Proceedings and the SHARE Secretary's Distributions. See related policy entitled COPYRIGHT OF SHARE WORKS (COM-5).
- Must refrain from engaging in any activity that would violate the proprietary rights of their employers, SHARE, or any other person or organization.
- Must conduct themselves and their activities in a professional manner marked by integrity and a spirit of fair play.
- Must not engage in any form of harassment.
- Must not make illegal copies of copyrighted and/or licensed software or use unauthorized copies on SHARE computers.
- Must not engage in any exchange of information or other behavior that violates the antitrust or import/export laws of the United States.
- Must not use SHARE's computer equipment to intentionally download or otherwise access content considered illegal to view or possess.
- Must not intentionally use SHARE's computer equipment to host illegal content or participate in denial of service or other attacks upon other computer systems.
- Must clearly identify to SHARE any potential conflict of interests and recuse themselves from any actions in SHARE committees or other SHARE business that give the appearance of a conflict of interest. Decisions should be open and transparent to our Members.
- Must not intentionally use SHARE’s computer equipment, or computers used for SHARE business, to send mass e-mail unless authorized by the Board of Directors or their authorized representative.
- Must not initiate or propagate slanderous or libelous statements, especially against SHARE Members, Delegates, Attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, staff, or vendors.