Open Mainframe Project
SHARE is a member of the Open Mainframe Project, intended to serve as a focal point for deployment and use of Linux OS in a mainframe computing environment. The Project intends to increase collaboration across the mainframe community and to develop shared tool sets and resources. Furthermore, the Project seeks to involve the participation of academic institutions to assist in teaching and education the mainframe Linux engineers and developers of tomorrow.
The mission of the Open Mainframe Project is to:
- Create an open source, technical community that industry and community participants may easily participate in and so that they may contribute to the creation of assets and materials that will benefit the ecosystem around Linux and open source software on the mainframe;
- Include participation of leading members of the ecosystem, including end users, solution providers, application developers and systems administrators to ensure the Open Mainframe Project addresses the needs of the community; and
- Host the infrastructure for the open source project, establishing a neutral home for community meetings, events and collaborative discussions and providing structure around the business and technical governance of the project.
International User Group Council
The International User Group Council (IUGC) is a federation of information technology user groups represented by their Presidents.
The IUGC was created to enhance the effectiveness of individual user group members world-wide.
The IUGC exists to serve its members and be the leader in user group relations with IBM and with the Information Technology industry. To enable each of the member groups to operate for the greatest benefit of their members in a cooperative fashion, the IUGC provides:
- A regular forum to exchange strategic concerns and share experience between its members;
- A regular forum to identify and understand common issues and to discuss differing approaches to "common problems";
- A vehicle for providing mutual support by means of endorsement of: positions and concerns, exchange visits of members of the groups' management, speaker exchange, publication exchange;
- A coordination point for selected (joint) work.
The IUGC acts as THE advisory council for IBM regarding validation of new world-wide strategies, business practices, and technology offerings, as well as on identified common "Matters of Concern".