What's New In the IBM Problem Determination Tools
Project and Program: Application Architecture Development and Integration
, Application Development Integration and Infrastructure
, SHARE in Pittsburgh 2014
Make the most out of your IBM System z® platform investment and expedite your move to smarter development with the IBM Problem Determination Tools. These tools deliver support across the application development lifecycle, whether you are building new or enhancing existing applications. They can help you modernize and transform existing System z applications whether your goal is to: • Develop and deploy new workloads to leverage the unique performance, availability, security, and cost benefits of the System z platform
• Increase your responsiveness to business requirements by enhancing your mainframe platform
• Optimize management of your IT environment, reducing cost and complexity while supporting your efforts to improve governance and compliance
IBM Problem Determination Tools deliver cost-effective and highly functional application performance analysis, source code debugging, application abend analysis, and data management capabilities. This powerful family of tools helps to improve application delivery throughout the development lifecycle. You can use them in a variety of z/OS® environments, such as CICS, IMS, DB2, and UNIX™ System Services.
Members of the family • IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS helps developers and systems personnel tune applications and resolve performance constraints.
• IBM Debug Tool for z/OS helps developers debug applications running in a variety of environments, such as batch, TSO, CICS, IMS, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, and UNIX System Services.
• IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS assists developers in analyzing and fixing application and system failures. It offers developers information to help determine the cause of a failure and assist in resolving the problem.
• IBM File Manager for z/OS delivers comprehensive, user-friendly tools for working with z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS, or WebSphere® MQ data. The developer can create, browse, copy, edit, print, and format or reformat data files in the most popular System z file formats.
• IBM Workload Simulator for z/OS can simulate a network of terminals and its associated messages. It is ideal for stress, performance, regression, function, and capacity planning tests.
-Francisco Anaya-IBM Corporation; Kenneth P. Hume-IBM Corporation
Back to Proceedings File Library