May I introduce Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server for IBM z Systems and LinuxONE?
Project and Program: Linux & VM
, SHARE Providence 2017
Getting a technical overview about Ubuntu Server for the s390x architecture, how it looks and feels, it's advantages and it's unique features. This session could be interesting for you in case you ever wanted to know:
- where Ubuntu is coming from
- it's naming and versioning scheme
- some basic facts on Ubuntu
- highlights of the latest releases
- Manual installation options
- Fully- and semi-automated installations with preseed
- OS and Kernel release and support cycles
- Options in the Container space
- Canonical OpenStack
- Ubuntu package repositories and archives
- and maybe a bit more-Frank Heimes-Canonical Ltd.
Back to Proceedings File Library