Getting started in (z/OS) Capacity Planning- Part 2
Project and Program: MVS
, MVS Performance
, SHARE in Anaheim 2011
This tutorial is a two part introductory level session designed to introduce the attendee to the concepts required for Performance Analysis and Capacity Planning.
Emphasis is place on large processor systems and examples will be largely drawn from z/OS but the concepts apply to all operating systems and hardware, The tutorial is organized to review the architecture where appropriate (albeit briefly).
Topics will include the following.
- Processor Performance Analysis and Capacity Planning topics
- For example, More CPs or faster CPs?
- Processor performance data (ITRRs & MIPS in zPCR).
- LPAR subjects
- Processor Performance Analysis and Capacity Planning topics (for example: More CPs or Faster CPs)
- Processor performance data (ITRRs & MIPS in zPCR)
- LPAR Subjects
- Sample Selection
Presenter(s): Ray Wicks, IBM Corporation
Back to Proceedings File Library