Understanding Container Pricing and How It Can Help Your z/OS Environment
Project and Program: MVS
, MVS Core Technologies
, SHARE Phoenix 2019
Software pricing and the rolling four hour average are topics critical to any mainframe shop. In response to the challenges that many clients face, IBM introduced Container Pricing in late 2017.
Container Pricing for IBM Z isn't a single offering or product - rather, it is a set of initiatives that are aimed at allowing you to better utilize your mainframe environment.
Container Pricing offerings - known as Solutions - provide unique and simplified software pricing for specific use cases. These solutions are intended to provide competitive economics for the areas they are targeted to, while also allowing you to better understand and predict the costs of these workloads.
This session will cover various topics, including:
- helping a client understand the Container Pricing technical framework.
- the Application Development and Test solution, which provides incredible value enabling a healthier development and test environment.
- the New Application solution, which provides the first true pay as you go option for z/OS - delivering simplicity and predictability that is unheard of on competitive platforms.
- the enablement steps required to define a Container Pricing solution.
- and finally, how these solutions impact the SCRT report.-Andrew Sica-IBM
Back to Proceedings File Library