Real Story of a Data Center Migration from a Performance Perspective - User Experience
Project and Program: MVS
, MVS Performance
, SHARE Sacramento 2018
The speaker will share their experiences about the datacenter migration of their mainframe platform. Isbank is one the largest banks in Turkey, with 4 LPARs running z/OS V2R2 on 2 IBM z13 CPCs. Her team is responsible for the z/OS core, z/OS storage and the network. She will share this experience from a performance perspective. During the session you will learn: • Which performance hints, tips and knowledge they used in deciding the high level and low level design of their hardware configuration, including DS886s, z13s, LPAR design, VTSes (TS7760s), FCIP routers, and FICON Directors
• How they analyzed performance of their DS8K migration
• How they succeed to move all VTS backend 2 PB data without effecting production VTS performance using VTS GRID
• Hint&Tips they used while deciding architecture of Disk Replication including HW and SW
• Which performance improvements they implemented to make the z/OS and z/OS sysplex ready for migration
• What performance considerations did they use to decide regarding data bandwidth and what did they do to make data transfer the most efficient.
The speaker will also share how they used their GDPS/HM and GDPS/XRC environment to effectively add one more site without effecting performance of their production and DR sites.
Whether you are asysprog managing z/OS, a storage admin managing MF Storage, a performance expert dealing with pure z/OS performance or a person interested in migration projects, this session will provide you with useful information that will be relevant to your job.-Meral Temel-ISBANK; Ahmet Alper Tecimer-IBM Turkey; Alper Isik-ISBANK z/OS System programmer
Back to Proceedings File Library