How to Avoid 10 Pre-IPL and 10 Post-IPL Embarrassing zEnterprise Audit Findings
Project and Program: Enterprise Data Center
, Security and Compliance
, SHARE in Atlanta 2012
Systems Programmers, Security Officers and Administrators can avoid embarrassing audit findings by checking their configurations for obvious but sometimes overlooked settings or processes. In this session, our speaker will demonstrate twenty findings that can be easily tracked and changed. They include failing to:
- Revoke the RACF USERID "IBMUSER" or other default ESM settings
- Document, Reconcile and Secure NIP Consoles
- Reconcile Human Resource Records with System Access Profiles
- Monitor the APF Authorization Process for misplaced or unknown Datasets
- Control access to System and ESM Parameters and settings
- Adequately develop and evangelize a System Compliance Model, among others
If you are interested in achieving better audit results by learning about exposures possibly present in your system and how to identify and then remediate them, then this is the session for you!
Paul Robichaux, New Era Software, Inc.
Back to Proceedings File Library