Db2 Analytics Accelerator V7.1 on IBM z: New Features Update and Deployment Planning
Project and Program: Information Management
, SHARE Phoenix 2019
Since the introduction of the IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS V7.1 in November 2017 there is the option to deploy the accelerator directly on IBM Z. This provides far deeper integration into an existing mainframe environment with all the benefits like enhanced reliability, unified management, standard processes, no additional floor space, …
Since the first introduction, more features have been added to the Accelerator on Z that improve the integration further and broaden the applicability of the technology. We will highlight the most relevant news in this session.
The new option simplifies accelerator deployments to a “download & go experience.” Nevertheless, there is some planning and preparations required before getting started – which we will outline in the second part of the session.
The presentation covers the following topics: • Overview / Introduction / Architecture
• What’s new? • GDPS/Metro support for the Accelerator on Z
• Support for very small deployments providing significant value
• Sizing and Hardware Planning for the Accelerator • Hardware Resource Requirement (Overview)
• IBM Z Compute Resources = IFLs + Memory
• Storage Resources
• IBM Z IO Resources = Network and Storage Adapters
-Roland Seiffert-IBM Corporation
Back to Proceedings File Library