Configuring zCX with LDAP on z/OS (ITDS) with RACF and MFA Support (Part 1 of 2)
Project and Program: Enterprise Data Center
, Integrating Innovative Technologies
, SHARE Virtual Experience 2021
Configuring zCX with ldap on z/OS (ITDS) with RACF and MFA support (2-parts session)
This presentation describes how we set up and configured a zOS LDAP server (IBM Tivoli Directory Server) for zOS Container Extensions (zCX) and other open source applications (DataPrivPass,...).
Docker and Open Source application/users should run transparently with zOS LDAP and leverage RACF authentication.
The Goals for our solution are to:
- Use zOS LDAP server with zOS Container Extensions (zCX) to provide centralized user/group management.
- Use zOS LDAP server with other Open Source applications within our zCX environments.
- Configure for RACF password/passphrase authentication
- Enable multifactor authentication
Part 1 (1hr)
- zCX user management and authentication
- Configure zCX for LDBM backend ldap support
Part 2 (1hr with demo)
- Add Native Authentication
- Add TLS support
- Add MFA factor for multifactor authentication
Back to Proceedings File Library