BYOD: z/OSMF - Choose Your Own Topic
Project and Program: MVS
, MVS Core Technologies
, SHARE Phoenix 2019
NOTE: This is a "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) lab. You will need:
1) A Laptop with a health battery charge (or be willing to share some willing-party's device), and
2) One of the following browsers: • Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11
• Microsoft Edge (Windows 10)
• Mozilla Firefox ESR Version 52 or later.
The z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF) provides a web-based graphical interface for system programmers on z/OS. This hands on lab will give you an opportunity to learn about the functions and features in z/OSMF first hand. Attendees can navigate through the various tasks to see how it can help them in day to day z/OS management.
In this session, the speaker will be useful to systems programmers and their managers who will be using (or are considering using) the z/OS Management Facility.
Choose from the following topics to get hands-on training for the specific area of z/OSMF that most interests you: • z/OS SDSF using z/OSMF
• z/OSMF Incident Log
• z/OSMF Software Deployment
• z/OSMF Software Management
• z/OSMF Workflows (Using z/OSMF for a z/OS V2.3 Migration)
• z/OSMF Workload Management
• z/OSMF Consoles
• z/OSMF Resource Monitoring
-Marna Walle-IBM Corporation; Hiren Shah-IBM Corporation; Peter Muench-IBM Corporation; Xiao Zhen (Joey) Zhu-IBM Corporation; Kurt Quackenbush-IBM Corporation; Andreas Henicke-IBM R&D Germany
Back to Proceedings File Library