SHARE eLearning Webcasts
Throughout the year, SHARE will be working with our Members, volunteers and vendor partners to bring you new industry information and education through our webcast series. Take advantage of trusted SHARE content without ever leaving the office. Check back often, as new webcasts will be announced frequently.
Automating z/OS STIG Compliance with Real-time Continuous Security Monitoring and Simplified Audits
Date and Time: Wednesday, October 17, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. CDT
Speakers: Itschak Mugzack, Founder and Managing Director, SecuriTeam
The security, compliance, and auditing benefits gained by using STIGs are, at times, outweighed by the tedious nature of the STIG process. IronSphere will automate this process, freeing up resources to fix the vulnerabilities detected in real-time.
- STIG continuous monitoring and a single point of view with zero human involvement.
- Helps pass security compliance protocols for z/OS: NIST ISCM, RMF, GDPR, PCI DSS, FISMA
- IronSphere as an open framework: add your own checks to the STIG automation
- Beyond the DoD STIGs: Any product, Any (Cobol) application.
- Input diagnostic results to other products, like insurance fee calculators, GRC, Workflows, etc.
- Simplicity of a GUI and step-by-step resolution instructions allow less experienced staff to implement fixes while providing insight to authorized non-mainframe personnel (auditors, security team).
This webcast is sponsored by Software Diversified Systems and does not necessarily represent the view of SHARE and/or SHARE members.
DevOps for Hybrid IT Architectures: Deliver Software Faster Using Open Source for z/OS
Date and Time: Thursday, December 13, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. CDT
Speakers: Sujay Solomon, Principal Product Manager, CA Technologies
DevOps on the mainframe IS a reality! Zowe, the first-ever open source project for z/OS, was announced at SHARE St. Louis 2018. It is designed to bridge the divide between modern applications and the mainframe, plus seamlessly integrate z/OS in cloud and distributed environments.
CA Technologies is a proud contributor to the Zowe community for the Zowe Command Line Interface (CLI), which is based on CA Brightside CLI. It is the first cross-enterprise DevOps solution designed to greatly improve the productivity and efficiency of development teams to control, script and develop for the mainframe like any other cloud platform.
But how do you use the CLI and what are the use cases? Join this webcast to learn how you can:
- More easily interact with the mainframe using the CLI
- See a demonstration of use cases and applicability
- Use common tools such as Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), shell commands, bash scripts, and build tools for mainframe development
- Use these simplified and familiar infrastructure services for the mainframe to benefit both experienced and newer developers that want to become efficient in supporting and building z/OS applications quickly.
This webcast is sponsored by CA Technologies and does not necessarily represent the view of SHARE and/or SHARE members.