SHARE eLearning Webcasts
Throughout the year, SHARE will be working with our Members, volunteers and vendor partners to bring you new industry information and education through our webcast series. Take advantage of trusted SHARE content without ever leaving the office. Check back often, as new webcasts will be announced frequently.
Webcast: Data Security Delivered: What's New with Pervasive Encryption and GDPR
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 6, 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. CDT
Speakers: Mark Moore, Senior Competitive Analyst, IBM
GDPR is here and, yet, many are still not prepared. The good news is that Pervasive Encryption capabilities from IBM Z® can provide a shortcut to compliance with GDPR and other data security regulations. There have been many new developments since our last conversation about Pervasive Encryption. They include:
- New crypto cost and performance data versus Intel's latest offerings
- New analysis of the data security readiness of IBM Z® versus its competition
- New offerings based on IBM Z®'s Secure Service Container
Attend this webinar to hear news you can use on the way to data security and regulatory compliance.
This webcast is sponsored by IBM and does not necessarily represent the view of SHARE and/or SHARE members.
VFTP-SSH: Cost Effective, End-to-End Security for All z/OS File Transfers
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 13, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CDT
Speakers: Stu Henderson and Colin van der Ross, SDS
The inherent shortcomings in FTP have costs, seen and unseen, in the areas of security, automation, compliance and visibility.
- Can you identify all your FTP traffic?
- Do you have the strongest levels of encryption for your business critical data across multi-platform environments at rest and in transit??
The VFTP and SSH collaboration software ensures complete and effortless, end-to-end security for all file transfers and multi-platform environments.
- See how you can secure your outbound and inbound traffic with SSH / Tectia.
- See how you identify what FTP is active on your systems and how to identify what files users are getting and storing on the mainframe.
- See how easy it is to code individualized scripts to get exactly the data you want from VFTP.
- Learn how to use VFTP automation to retry failed transfers.
Complete data at rest and in transit security integrates the z/OS FTP server with mainframe SAF security (RACF, ACF2, or Top Secret). One solution for IBM mainframe, Windows, UNIX, and Linux environments. Complete, robust monitoring and auditing of SFTP and SCP traffic provides powerful oversight, diagnostics, and proof of regulatory compliance with HIPAA, PCI, SOX & GLBA regulations.
This webcast is sponsored by SDS and does not necessarily represent the view of SHARE and/or SHARE members.
WLM -- Not All Address Spaces are Managed Alike
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 27, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
Speakers: Peter Enrico, President, Enterprise Performance Strategies, Inc.
Not all z/OS address spaces are managed alike by WLM, & WLM administrators need to know this. There are groupings of address spaces that have various characteristics that need to be understood by WLM administrators to allow the proper WLM goals, importance levels, & period setup. These various characteristics even influence how address space measurements need to be interpreted. In fact, there are a variety of cases in which certain address spaces should not be mixed together into the same service class for WLM management.
WARNING: This presentation may cause a sudden urge to reevaluate your WLM service definition.
This webcast is sponsored by Enterprise Performance Strategies, Inc. and does not necessarily represent the view of SHARE and/or SHARE members.