Project areas include:
The primary objectives of the
MVSP Project membership consists of SHARE members with expertise in performance management or capacity planning from a management or technical perspective. To become a project member, an individual should attend the project opening or one of the scheduled working sessions during the week, and sign up with the Project Manager. Volunteers are needed for the following functions:
- Participate in an open session
- Share in a working session (short, informal presentations 5 minutes or longer)
- Chair a session
- Assist with scheduling
- Assist with a newsletter or Internet site
- z Systems processor
- Coupling facilities
- Time services
- I/O connectivity
Software areas of interest include:
- z/OS operating system components
- Subsystems and applications such as RSM, VSM, IOS, Parallel Sysplex, JES2, JES3, TSO/E, ISPF, z/OS UNIX, zFS, Ported Tools, z/OSMF
- Enterprise presentation solutions such as Infoprint.
The MVSS Project focuses on the management of storage resources throughout the enterprise and the facilities necessary to provide these functions. In the OS/390 and z/OS environments, DFSMS and all of the DFSMS components and other vendor-developed (OEM) packages for providing these services are discussed. Among the many subjects covered are storage hardware supported by OS/390 and z/OS, access methods (including ICF/VSAM), ICF catalog topics and installation-developed tools and techniques.
In the open systems
Topics that are addressed for all platforms are disaster recovery, data storage devices, data backup and archival systems and data integrity and recovery.