- Attendee Resources
- Speaker Resources
During the Session
- Verify that A/V requirements are met.
- Be aware that SHARE Inc. is required to comply with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1992). It is possible that individuals with disabilities will be attending sessions and that it may be necessary to make special provisions.
- Remind attendees that they can download handouts through the SHARE Mobile App.
- Remind attendees to complete the electronic session evaluation form via the SHARE Mobile App.
- Welcome and introduce the speaker (Welcome Statement).
- Ensure that the ground rules stated in your welcome and Canons of Conduct are observed by all those present. If a violation occurs, you must interrupt the session to warn the speaker; if the violation continues, you have the authority and obligation to expel the person from the session or to end the session. Any violation and/or action
takenmust be reported to the Program Leader of the sponsoring project or to a member of the Board or Senior Management Team.
- Adhere to restrictions placed on non-members (i.e., if it is a requirements session, non-members are prohibited from voting).
- Ensure that all attendees prominently display their registration badges. Exhibitors and guests are not allowed to attend sessions without the permission of the Chairperson and the Speaker.
- Recognize the end of the speaker’s presentation by thanking the speaker and opening the session for questions from the audience, or introducing the next speaker. If the speaker is accepting questions, you should recognize each question from the floor and make sure the individual states his or her name and organization. It is your responsibility to control the discussion and comments from the audience.
Either before or after the session, verify with the speakers that they have submitted their electronic proceedings presentation. If they have not turned in their presentation(s), strongly encourage the speaker(s) to turn in their presentation(s) or offer to turn it in for them by August 1, 2017.
Have questions or concerns? Contact speaker support at speakers@SHARE.org.