Sample Welcome Statement
Welcome to [session number and title], sponsored by the [Project or Program name]. My name is [name] from [installation/company name]. Our speaker today is [speaker’s name] from [installation/company name].
Before we begin, I’d like to mention:
- Your feedback and comments are very important to us, so please remember to complete an electronic session evaluation form. Again this is session number #.
- As a reminder, SHARE has a new mobile app that launched for this event. To receive event updates, connect with other attendees and much more, search "SHARE Inc." in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app. You can also scan the QR code found on signage and in your onsite guide to download a Web-based version of the app for BlackBerry.
- If this is a Summer SHARE Meeting, remind people to vote: Monday through Wednesday only, mention this: An election is being held at this SHARE for the Board of Directors. If you are your installation’s voting representative, we encourage you to vote on Wednesday. Are there any candidates present in the room? (If there are any, point them out.)
- Just as a reminder, if there are any working members of the press in the audience, please be sure you have identified yourself to the speaker. (Speakers have been informed to notify SHARE Headquarters if they would like the sessions closed to the media.)
- The speakers requests that no audio or videotaping be done at this session. (It is your responsibility to determine the speaker’s preference and to enforce it.)
- Please turn off all cell phones and pagers, or place them in silent/vibrate mode, and turn off the sound on your laptops so as to avoid disturbing both the speaker and your fellow attendees.
- Our speaker has asked that questions be asked during/after the session. Please state your name and installation/company prior to asking the question.
- (If you have any introductory information on the speaker, give it now, then hand the session over to him/her/them.)
If this is a vendor presentation, please state the following: This is a Vendor Product Presentation. SHARE Management has approved it based on the recommendation and review by program management. The SHARE Canons of Conduct and Policies will be followed in this session. Specifically, an attendee must not engage in sales activity, including direct or indirect solicitation, or conduct any activity contrary to the purpose of SHARE. Should there be any indication of potential violation, I will stop the session.