SHARE in Anaheim
High Draw Speakers and Relevant Content Draws Big in Anaheim
SHARE welcomed more than 1,200
SHARE attendees gathered on Monday, February 28 as President, Janet Sun addressed the SHARE community with organizational updates and the latest offerings from SHARE.
After introducing Al Williams, Vice-President & Director, Conference Operations to the stage to recognize outstanding individuals in the community through Best Session Awards and Awards for Excellence, Janet introduced General Session Keynote, Anjul Bhambhri, Vice President, Big Data Products, IBM Corporation who spoke on ‘Smarter Analytics for Big Data.’
Anjul was previously the Director of IBM Optim Application and Data Life Cycle Management Tools. “A seasoned professional with over twenty-two years in the database industry, Anjul has held various engineering and management positions at IBM, Informix and Sybase,” said Sun, SHARE President.
Following Anjul was System z keynote, Dayton Semerjian, General Manager, CA Technologies Mainframe Customer Solutions Unit, who spoke on, “The Future is Now –
Tuesday started off with Sandy Carter, Vice President, IBM Social Business Collaboration Solutions and Social Media Evangelist, who aligned her keynote with the theme ‘Driving Value While Containing Costs’,. Carter captivated the audience with her message on ‘Eleven in 2011: Top Trends Driving Business.’ Leaving attendees with valuable insights to improve social media capabilities, Carter discussed topics such as crowd-sourcing, engagement, disaster recovery and analytics, including how you can leverage Social Business for greater results in 2011.
New! SHARE ExecuForum
New to SHARE in Anaheim, IT executives met for an exclusive enterprise IT forum for leaders, by leaders held on February 28 – March 1. Bringing in a near thirty senior IT executives to the event, it was the ideal forum for leaders to interface with their counterparts at other companies along with IBM executives. The benefits of gathering these leaders under
- Anjul Bhambhri, IBM Vice President, Big Data Stream
- Sandy Carter, Vice President, IBM Social Business and Collaboration and Solutions and Social Media Evangelist
- Greg Lotko, IBM Vice President and Business Line Executive for System z
- Robert Rosen, CIO, NIAMS-NIH
- Buzz Woeckener, Division Manager, Nationwide Insurance
Best Session Award Winners
The cornerstone of SHARE conferences is the educational program. SHARE is proud to congratulate the following session presenters, and their organizations, for receiving the highest attendee ratings from SHARE in Boston:
- IMS Connect and IMS ODBM- An Early Look (Jim Martin, Fundi Software)
- Sysplex and Network Topology Considerations (Gus Kassimis, IBM Corporation)
- Hot Topics in Networking and Security (Laura Knapp, Worldwide Business Consultant, AES)
Academic Award for Excellence
For the second time, SHARE presented the Academic Award for Excellence. Awarded in Anaheim, this award is
Grand Prize Winner:
- John Noel and Regina Robbins, North Carolina Central University
- Miroslav Tamas, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University of Prague
- Stefan Kastle, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
SHARE Online from Anaheim
For its third event stint, SHARE Online from Anaheim provided the user community with an alternative training approach that was mindful of travel restraints and workload conflicts.
Designed with 24 hours of live, quality streaming content from a
- Six-month access to the latest enterprise IT best practices
- Archived, on-demand recorded streaming sessions (equivalent to 4 days of programming)
SHARE Attendees Connect Virtually
SHARE continues to grow its presence on the following social media sites:
Daily tweets helped attendees stay updated on major conference milestones, receive sneak peeks of upcoming communications and tune in to updates during the week – and beyond! Stay connected with SHARE by following “SHAREhq”.
By becoming a fan of "SHARE Inc.", attendees were able to post items to the SHARE Facebook wall and find the latest in SHARE in
More than 300 IT professionals have joined the "SHARE Inc" LinkedIn group to secure valuable connections both professionally and personally. This is a great tool for attendees to use post-conference to stay in touch with those they met in Anaheim.
Before and during the conference, SHARE attendees received the latest conference updates via these social media sites. Stay in touch with contacts made while in Anaheim by continuing to use these tools!
- Karla Houser from Caterpillar Inc. recognized David Gomez of IBM Corporation for stepping in just prior to SHARE in Anaheim. The speaker of session 8994 notified us he could not attend. David stepped up, developed and presented an excellent session on Business Process Management. Thanks again, David!
- Richard Smrcina of Velocity Software nominated Brian
Jagosof CA for outstanding service to the LVM Program by picking up chairing duties. From the time the schedule was ready until all chairs were in session, Brian kept to task and got the job done.
- Steve Ware from
Universityof Florida recognized Rosalind Radcliffe from IBM Corporation. Rosalind has been phenomenal this week as she stepped up to take on the role of AADI Program Manager, in addition to all of the other SHARE responsibilities. Thanks, Rosalind!
- Mary Beth Roman from SHARE Headquarters nominated Karla Houser from Caterpillar Inc. for a RAVE. Karla has been invaluable in her support of the Anaheim marketing efforts. She went above and beyond in the review of the Onsite Guide, spending her weekend time reviewing every session in the grid. Her dedication and quality are bar none!
- Ed Jaffe from Phoenix Software nominated Maura Schoonmaker from IBM Corporation. This is Maura's last SHARE as IBM Management Liaison to
MVS. She is the best we've ever had!
- Robin Wiley from IBM Corporation recognized Mitch McCrory for a RAVE. Mitch chaired my session and did extra work stapling my handouts, guiding attendees, moving flip charts, getting water and being very helpful.
- Vicky Jo Varner from Type Insights nominated Jamie
Giovannettofrom J. Giovannetoo. He really went to bat for us to get us here, get our flipcharts, chair our session, and ensure things went well. Topnotch leadership. Bravo, Jamie!
- Richard Lewis from IBM Corporation nominated Daniel P. Martin, Rocket Software for his outstanding service and support setting up systems & network for LVM program lab sessions!
- Jim Willette from Sunrise e-Services recognized Mike Buzzetti from IBM Corporation for stepping in for him and doing a great job covering sessions and helping out in Jim's absence. Way to go, Mike!
- Eugene Hudders from C\Trek Corporation nominated Glenn Schneck from SunTrust for a RAVE. Glenn has stepped in to take on new responsibilities and work in the
CICSproject. With the loss of our Deputy Project Manager, Glenn stepped in and helped organize the meetings.