SHAREnews Daily Issue 1
|First-time SHARE attendee? Watch out for this symbol - - throughout each issue for activities and resources we think may be of interest to you.|
StandOut Influence – How to Get People on Board
Monday, March 6 • 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Connie Podesta, Hall of Fame Keynote Speaker
San Jose Ballroom (Marriott)
Lunch and Learns
Monday, March 6 • 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Machine Learning | IBM Corporation | 210D
- Mainframe Security and Compliance: Protecting Your Most Sensitive Business Assets | CA Technologies | 210G
- VMAX Update | Dell EMC | 211D
- Availability Intelligence for Your z/OS Application Infrastructure Using Artifical Intelligence | IntelliMagic | 114
- Greenstack: An Open Foundation using SUSE Technologies | SUSE | 212C
Technical Session Spotlight
Sunday, March 5
- LE and Programming Languages Project Opening with Tom Ross | 4:30 p.m. | 211A
Monday, March 6
- Security Project Opening: Mainframe Penetration Testing — from the Red Team with Phil Young and Chad Rikansrud | 10:00 a.m. | 210A
- Beware the IDEs of zOS! IBM Explorer for z/OS with John Kelley | 10:00 a.m. | 111
- IBM's Latest Buzz – A Discussion of the Newest of the New Technologies with Pat Stanard and Bill Seubert | 10:00 a.m. | 211B
- Insights Into the Fast Un-clustered Insert Feature of DB2 12 for z/OS with Kalpana Shyam | 11:15 a.m. | 210B
- API Economy and z with William Li and Christian Koeppen | 1:45 p.m. | 211B
- FICON Dynamic Routing (FIDR): Technology and Performance Implications with Stephen Guendert | 1:45 p.m. | 112
- Utilizing Large Memory with DB2 12 with Akiko Hoshikawa | 1:45 p.m. | 114
- Better Alternatives to Mainframe File Transfer Protocol with Colleen Gordon and Becky Polizzi | 3:15 p.m. | 112
First-time Attendee Orientation
SHARE Technology Exchange Expo
The SHARE Technology Exchange Expo opens at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in Exhibit Hall 1 on Monday evening at 4:00 p.m., and will remain open until the close of the reception at 7:30 p.m. Don’t forget to join exclusive partners for additional education in the Tech Talk Corner (SHARE Booth, #121)!
Meet Master the Mainframe Contest Winner Brian Powers
Monday, March 6 • 5:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
zNextGen® Lounge, SHARE Booth (#121)
Welcome Reception: Casino Royale
Sunday, March 5 • 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Opening Night Party – It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's Opening Night!
Monday, March 6 • 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Exhibit Hall 1
Birds of a Feather (BOF) Sessions
A BOF session is an informal, interactive forum hosted and moderated by SHARE attendees to share their knowledge and experience on a given topic with other interested attendees. Use the online BOF request form to submit your ideas for a session. All BOF requests will be approved by SHARE Event Operations. If you have any questions or need assistance, please visit SHARE Event Support.
Calling all innovators! Learn new skills, win prizes and earn bragging rights. Starting Monday, the SHARE Booth (#121) HackZone will provide you with fun challenges — for everyone from beginner through advanced — to experience the power of z Systems in application development. With each challenge you complete, you will earn points toward prizes (a special grand prize goes to the participant with the most points). Play with IBM Bluemix, APIs delivered via z/OS Connect, Apache Spark on z/OS and more. Experts will be available throughout the week to help you navigate your way to the top. But first... Attend the HackZone Kickoff! Details below.
Sunday, March 5 • 5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Ask a Question: Tuesday's Keynote
All attendees have the opportunity to pre-submit questions for the TED-style keynote, then vote on which questions that you want answered. Emcee Richard Laible will host the session Q-and-A on Tuesday morning. Prepare by submitting a question to your presenters! Click the button below or head to "Tuesday Keynote Q&A" in the SHARE Mobile App to ask your question.
Thank you to our 2017 partners: