- Event Home
Sample Welcome Statement
Welcome to [session number and title], sponsored by the [Project or Program name]. My name is [name] from [installation/company name]. Our speaker(s) today is(are) [speaker name(s)] from [installation/company name(s)].
Before we begin, I’d like to mention:
- Your feedback and comments are very important to us, so please remember to complete an electronic session evaluation form. Again, this session number is [session number].
- As a reminder, SHARE has an official mobile app. To receive event updates, connect with other attendees and much more, search "SHARE Inc." in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app. Be sure to accept app updates to ensure you have the most recent session information.
- Just as a reminder, if there are any working members of the press in the audience, please be sure you have identified yourself to the speaker. (Speakers have been informed to notify SHARE Headquarters if they would like their session to be closed to the media.)
- The speaker(s) request(s) that no audio or videotaping be done during this session. (It is your responsibility to determine the speaker’s preference and to enforce it.)
- Please turn off all cell phones and pagers, or place them in silent mode, and turn off the sound on your laptops in order to avoid disturbing the presentation and your fellow attendees.
- Our speaker has asked that questions be asked [during/after] the session. Please state your name and installation/company prior to asking the question.
- (If you have any introductory information on the speaker, give it now, then hand the session over to him/her/them.)
If this is a vendor sponsored presentation, please state the following: This is a Vendor Sponsored Presentation. SHARE Management has approved it based on the recommendation and review by program management. The SHARE Canons of Conduct and Policies will be followed in this session. Specifically, an attendee must not engage in sales activity, including direct or indirect solicitation, or conduct any activity contrary to the purpose of SHARE. Should there be any indication of potential violation, I will stop the session.