Speaking at SHARE in Anaheim
Table of Contents
Important Deadlines and Locations
- Use the search function in our conference schedule to find the session(s) that you will be presenting. Check that the day and time are correct.
- Add your speaker biography to your Speaker's Corner page
June 8, 2012
- Deadline to complete the SHARE Live in Anaheim Speaker Agreement.
|June 15, 2012
- Advance Registration Deadline
|July 20, 2012
- Notify SHARE Headquarters if your session should be closed to the media. Submit the session number and title to SHARE Headquarters by e-mailing speakers@SHARE.org
- Early presentation submission deadline. All submissions must be in by 5:00 p.m. CST.
|At the Conference
- Pick up your conference badge at SHARE Registration (Platinum Ballroom Foyer).
- Visit the Speaker Support Center (Orange County – Salon 1) for any last minute questions.
- Check the room you will be presenting in and verify your A/V equipment.
- Meet with your session Chairperson and confirm they have a copy of your biography. Discuss the session format (i.e. the introduction, if you will entertain questions, etc.).
- Program and Project Managers may pick up session evaluation envelopes in the volunteer workroom (Grand Ballroom Salon K).
|After the Presentation
- Review your session evaluation forms. The chairperson will have comments from your session available for discussion after the presentation.
- Please note that evaluations for Thursday afternoon and Friday morning sessions may not be completed until after the conference. They will be completed within 2 weeks after the conclusion of the event.
August 17, 2012
- Presentation Submission final deadline. All submissions must be in by 5:00 p.m. CST
Anaheim Presentation Template
Utilize the SHARE in Anaheim presentation template for your session.
Presentation Guidelines and Tips
View the Presentation Guidelines and Tips page.
Access the Chairperson guidelines
Access a sample welcome statement
Tips to Upload Your Presentation for the Proceedings
All proceedings must be uploaded in your unique Speaker's Corner page. Please refer to the URL you received via email from Confex. From the Speaker's Corner page, under the "Upload Handouts," click on each of the presentation titles and submit the required information no later than August 17.
If you have not received the email with your unique URL or are having difficulty accessing the Speaker's Corner, please contact SHARE Headquarters at speakers@SHARE.org.
SHARE Conference Support
SHARE Conference Support is located in the Orange County Ballroom Foyer of the Anaheim Marriott Hotel, is available to speakers and session Chairpersons for any assistance needed while onsite.
Hours of operations:
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30am – 12:00pm
Visit SHARE Conference Support to inquire about A/V equipment or session evaluations. Please note that SHARE no longer provides for the onsite copying of handouts or the receipt and management of shipped handouts. If you would like to ship your handouts, we recommend that you ship them to your hotel.
Speakers interested in testing A/V and equipment prior to their session must schedule a rehearsal with SHARE Conference Support. The Conference Support room will not have a sample A/V set-up as in previous conferences. To schedule an A/V rehearsal prior to your session, please contact speakers@SHARE.org.
- Review session details
- Register for the conference *Please note, SHARE Headquarters is no longer automatically registering speakers, so secure your registration online today!
- Make hotel reservations
- Finalize presentation materials
- Submit presentation for inclusion in the proceedings
- Review the Speaker and Chairperson videos
- Contact the session Chairperson
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your session
Audio Visual Equipment Information
SHARE provides an LCD projector and screen as standard A/V equipment in each room for use at the conference. A wired lavaliere microphone is provided for sessions scheduled in rooms with a capacity of 100 Theater style seating. Speakers are required to provide their own laptop.
If you would like to request additional A/V, SHARE staff members can assist with these needs. Only SHARE staff members can order additional A/V equipment. Please note that additional A/V is available at the speaker's expense.
For more information on the A/V equipment supplied in your room, please contact your session Chairperson or SHARE Headquarters at speakers@SHARE.org. Please note that, due to contract and union considerations, you may not bring your own projection equipment unless prior arrangements have been made. The maximum resolution for PC projectors is 1024 x 768.
If you plan to use specialized software on our equipment, you are required to provide your own software and to set up the program(s) prior to the session. Arrangements can be made with the session Chairperson or you may contact us at speakers@SHARE.org.
Audio/Video Taping Guidelines
SHARE occasionally receives requests to have a session taped for later use. In such cases, the cost of any audio and/or videotaping will be borne by the requesting company. Also, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Requests must be approved by SHARE Headquarters.
- The requesting company can either provide their own equipment, or arrange it through SHARE, in which case the company will be charged the fee assessed by the A/V company.
- All speakers must agree to the taping.
- The speaker(s) must state the following disclaimer: "Today's session will be audio and/or videotaped for ___________ reason. If you ask any questions during or after the presentation, your voice will be recorded."
- If SHARE should choose to tape a session for SHARE purposes, then SHARE will pick up the expenses and follow the same aforementioned guidelines.
Tips for Promoting Your Session(s) via Social Media
Start to generate interest in your session(s) now by taking advantage of SHARE’s active and growing social media communities and your own social networks. This document is designed to provide ideas and best practices to promote your upcoming participation in SHARE in Anaheim and to generate interest in your session(s).
SHARE’s social media groups are an excellent way to stay connected to the SHARE community – and to get in front of SHARE in Anaheim attendees. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase what you’ll be presenting, how attendees will benefit and why your event is a must-attend! If you’re not already a member of these communities, we encourage you to begin engaging with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn today.
Have a blog or personal Web site? Do you follow other relevant industry communities? These communities are a ready audience that may be interested to know about your latest speaking engagements and your thoughts on the topics you plan to address. The following are some tips for engaging social media communities effectively:
- Alert the community of your participation at SHARE in Anaheim by sharing the date, time and topic of your presentation.
Example: “Attending SHARE in Anaheim? Mark your calendar for my presentation “CICS Basics” on Monday, August 6 at 1pm EST. #SHAREorg"
- Provide a sneak peek of what you’ll share with tips, or insights to think about in advance of your session.
Example: “75% of today’s IT environments give themselves a ‘C’ when it comes to security. Are you one of them? Attend my session ‘Security in Today’s Environment’ at SHARE in Atlanta to find the three key steps to improving any environment.”
- Ask questions or poll the community on issues you’re planning to present.
Example: “Prepping for my upcoming SHARE in Anaheim presentation ‘Security in Today’s Environment.’ What are your top 2 biggest security concerns?”
- Re-post, re-tweet and comment on relevant announcements and questions from the community and SHARE HQ.
Example: “RT @SHAREhq Registration for SHARE in Anaheim is now open! Check out the NEW http://SHARE.org and register today: http://bit.ly/KJIRjy #SHAREorg”
- Invite followers to get to know you in advance of SHARE in Anaheim by posting links to your social media profiles, blogs, Web sites and articles.
Example: “Excited to present “CICS Basics” at #SHAREorg in Anaheim! For more on me and my background in CICS, visit my blog at [url] or follow me @JoeCICS!”
- Consider creating a podcast or YouTube video as a teaser for your session.
- Make sure to use #SHAREorg in all tweets to track back to the SHARE conversation.
Become a “Spotlighted Speaker”
SHARE is looking for speakers who are interested in being spotlighted for their upcoming session(s) and subject matter expertise at SHARE in Anaheim. In the months leading up to SHARE in Anaheim, we will update SHARE.org with spotlighted speakers, highlighting their session(s), key topics that will be covered during the session(s), picture (if desired) and links to the speaker’s personal blogs, Web sites and articles. Spotlighted speakers will also have the opportunity to guest blog for the SHARE President’s Corner with link backs to their published articles and relevant content. Interested in becoming a Spotlighted Speaker? Email us for further info on this opportunity.
Update Your Speaker’s Corner Profile
Log into your Speaker’s Corner profile with your personal Speaker Corner login to update your picture, session proceedings, and bio with links to your professional social media profiles, websites, blogs and more. If you do not have your personalized Speaker Corner, please email us.